- Start the File Explorer program from the Windows task bar.
Select the Embroidery folder.
Embroidery libraries do not automatically appear in Windows 10. For details, see Embroidery libraries 1.
- Go to File Explorer > View > Options > 'Change folder and search options'.
- The Folder Options dialog opens.
- Go to the View tab. Several Windows default settings are not ideal for embroidery.
Recommended settings include:
Click 'Apply to Folders' to apply settings to the Embroidery folders. Summary:
Setting Reason Always show icons, never thumbnails Unticked So thumbnail images of embroidery designs will show, not the program icon. Display file icon on thumbnails Unticked So program icons do not display in the corner of design thumbnails. Hide extensions for known file types Unticked So you can see the different types of embroidery design files - EMB, DST, JEF, etc. Show preview handlers in preview pane Ticked So you can see a preview of the embroidery design in the preview pane.
- If your File Explorer settings are properly configured, thumbnail images will appear as expected in the Embroidery Library:
In addition to the Embroidery Library, these settings affect how thumbnails display in File Explorer and other Windows applications.