Motif stamps are ready-made design elements, such as hearts, leaves or geometric patterns which are contained in libraries or 'sets'. You can choose any of these patterns to use as 'motif stamps'. There are many to choose from. Once added to your design, stamps can be edited, resized or transformed. You can define your own stamps for individual use or for use in motif runs or fills.
Use Advanced Digitize > Motif Stamp to add motifs singly. Rotate, scale, or mirror as you add.
Select & insert stamps
Use them to create decorative effects in your designs. Rotate, scale, or mirror them as you add them or edit them like any other object. If a stamp is comprised of two or more objects, these will be automatically grouped when inserted.
- Click the Motif Stamp tool.
- Select a motif set from the droplist. You can use any motif from any motif set as an embroidery stamp, including user-defined motifs. Select a stamp from the display panel and click OK. Move the pointer and click to mark the anchor.
- Move the pointer until the stamp is in the angle you need, then click again to mark the guide. Press Enter. Repeat to insert the stamp again. Press Esc to finish.
Use Select > Select Object to select an object or group. Or drag a selection marquee to select multiple enclosed objects or groups.
You can rotate, flip and scale stamps as you add them to your design using the keyboard and mouse. You can also scale, rotate and flip stamps later just like any other object.
To rotate the stamp, move the pointer until the rotation angle is correct, then click again.
- Hold down <Ctrl> to constrain rotation angles.
- To flip the stamp, right-click.
- Alternatively, use the rotation controls in the Context toolbar.
- Press <Esc> to finish.
You can scale stamps interactively as you digitize. Press <Shift>, move the pointer until the stamp outline shows the required size, then click again.
Alternatively set an exact size using the Context toolbar. Enter precise dimensions in mm or as a percentage of the original.
Use Advanced Digitize > Create Motif to add selected shapes to a library or 'pattern set' for future use. Use as a Motif Stamp or as a motif outline or fill.
Create custom motifs
The Create Motif function lets you save your own motif shapes for future use. Create your own ‘motif sets’ to organize and classify your motifs.
- Select the object you want to use as a motif.
- Select Create Motif.
- Click to mark two reference points. These determine default motif orientation in motif runs and fills. Reference point 1 becomes the anchor point in the final motif. Reference point 2 becomes the rotation point.
- Reference points also determine the spacing between motifs.
- Click OK. The motif is ready to use.