When working with embroidery designs, you need to understand the stitching sequence. You can view a design’s stitching sequence by ‘traveling’ through it by colors or objects. The software simulates stitching out by changing stitches from black to their allocated thread color as they are ‘stitched’. You can also travel by stitches, to the start or end of a design or travel by color, as well as edit stitches. The Travel toolbar and menu provide access to most of the travel options you will need.
|Use Travel > Jump By Color in conjunction with Forward and Backward icons to travel to the previous or next color change.|
|Use Travel > Jump By Object in conjunction with Forward and Back icons to travel to the previous or next objects.|
|Use Travel> in conjunction with Forward and Backward icons to travel to the start or end of a design.|
|Use Travel > Travel Backward to travel backwards through a design.|
|Use Travel > Travel Forward to travel forwards through a design.|
Travel through designs
These tools allow you to:
- Jump to the start or end of a design
- Jump from object to object
- Jump from color block to color block
- Simply choose an option and click the forward and back buttons.
Use View > Stitch Player to simulate embroidery design stitchout onscreen in either stitch or TrueView.
Simulate design stitchout
The Stitch Player lets you simulate a design stitchout on screen. Use it to view stitching and color sequence in slow motion. Simulation can be started from any stitch. With larger designs, scroll automatically so that the area being stitched remains on screen.
Because the Stitch Player emulates the movements of the embroidery machine, you are able to make decisions about how to optimize your design and lessen load on the machine. This is important if you intend to make multiple stitchouts of the same design. It is always good practice to run the Stitch Player on completed designs. Stitch Player controls allow you to:
- Move through the design stitch by stitch.
- Set the stitch you want to run from.
- Move through the design color block by color block.
- Select the color block you want to run from.
- With larger designs, use the Auto Scroll toggle to scroll automatically so that the area being stitched remains on-screen.